Monday, April 5, 2010


Back from Islamorada in the Florida Keys where I just had my first ever painkiller followed by sex on the beach.

Now don't get all bent out of shape, I was with two girlfriends(let's call them the k2s), their sons, and my youngest son Reid. The painkiller and sex on the beach are just drinks-really, really great drinks!!!

The days went something like this. Wake up to a beautiful sunrise, take a nice walk, lounge in the sun, read a good book, painkiller, sex on the beach, lunch, pina colada, and dinner on the other side of the road watching the most magnificent sunset.

Proud to have tried snorkeling- cold water isn't my thing, but I jumped in (with a little coaxing from the k2s),and lasted for a few minutes.

The crowd went parasailing minus fraidy cat, who couldn't even ride in the boat lest I faint watching my son up in the air.

Who shall I blame for these fears- why not mom, she is used to getting blamed and would probably proudly own up to passing on this trait since she would actually view instilling fear in your child as a lesson in good parenting-well taught and well learned.

One day we took a trip to Key West which I am very happy to have visited.

Oops, I almost forgot to mention the most exciting part of our trip. Our flight down was on a private plane and that is, at least for me, a once in a lifetime experience that I so enjoyed!!

My fiftieth year is flying by and thus far I can say it is being filled with many rich experiences and memorable moments. This Florida vacation with my son and dear friends is a highlight I will always cherish.


1 comment: