Saturday, June 12, 2010

Birthday Surprise


I think the most accurate description of the way I feel about yesterday is Speechless, however, as my friends know, all too well, I am really never Speechless, and so, I will tell you my true feelings about yesterday!

Emotionally overwhelmed! Yes, that is how I felt when I was surrounded by my friends who surprised me for my 50th birthday.

A month early... now that's a good trick! Leave it to Kathy, Kathy and Charlotte to organize a most gorgeous luncheon and to keep it a surprise to boot!!!!

Luncheon, seems like a stuffy word, used to describe a just as stuffy event. However, this luncheon was anything but stuffy.

Just as with any proper luncheon, the atmosphere was stunning. A beautiful sunny day on my friend Kathy's deck, elegantly clothed and set tables, lavish floral arrangements with my favorite, hydrangeas- made by my friend Holly, and a buffet lunch prepared and displayed, by my friends, to perfection.

But, the added touch; what separated this lunch from your ordinary luncheon was the people.

Surrounded by friends so dear to me made me feel like the most fortunate 50 year old in the world. And the word that comes to mind when describing this lunch is not stuffy, but love.

Yes, there are those in my life who were not there and I will have time to celebrate with them as well. But these were my Bernardsville friends. These were a group of 20 women with whom I share so many minutes of my life and I want to give a shout out to each and every one of them.

Thank you for creating this special celebration for me. Thank you for being my friend. Thank you for adding so much joy to my life. Thank you for your wisdom. Thank you for helping me be the best person I can be. Thank you for sharing "my"days with me, and for sharing "your" days with me.

Thank you to Kathy for opening her home. Thank you to Kathy,Kathy and Charlotte for thinking of me and planning, organizing and creating such a special day. Thank you to Leslie for her very kind and heartfelt words. Thank you to all my dear friends for the very meaningful gifts and the the especially lovely notes.

You have given me a most special 50th birthday gift and a memory of a lifetime. I love you all!

2 comments:

  1. Oh how I wish I could have been there! What a wonderful gift for your friends to give you. And as for the blog entry just above, yes you are a Proverbs 31 woman--no doubt about it. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice! Having such friends is a blessing no matter how old you are. I'm so glad they did that for you.

    And I love the cartoon in your latest post. You have been a very busy girl!

    ReplyDelete