Sunday, May 23, 2010

My Friend Amy

My friend Amy is simply amazing. She listens and hears. She is knowledgeable and wise.

My friend Amy helps me be me. She willingly participates in any of my endeavors and brings me along to all that she does. We are each others legs and together we are each better individuals.

Amy and her son's tutor in Newark with me and my boys. Amy is a Woman of Wonder and a Cantor's class participant. Amy is a Sista from sisterhood, she is an avid reader and together we read sisterhood books and more. Amy supports my efforts at Matheny and the efforts of all her other friends.

Amy is a seeker and we are on a journey together. In the past two years, we have learned so much and we are both better for our acquired knowledge and wisdom.

Amy is a mother to be envious of. She reads passages of wisdom to her sons at the breakfast table, and doesn't miss any opportunity for a teachable moment.

Today I learned that once a week Amy takes her sons to a farm where they garden to help supply the local food bank with fresh vegetables. I am utterly impressed; she is a truly amazing mother!

Here's to you my dear friend! You are a wonderful 50th birthday gift and I am blessed to have you in my life. Thanks for keeping me on my toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment